Wednesday, June 7, 2017

And Then There Were None Review

So the last creative writing book I read for the year was And Then There Were None. I'd say that it was definitely one of my favorite books that I've read so far this year even though it caused me to get triggered about two things. For one the ending was spoiled for me bc people told me who it is, and two we had a test on it that I thought I would have time to read for but then it was started early so I got 3/15 when I could've gotten an easy 15/15 if it was on Monday like I expected, and I think that difference affects my MP4 grade by like 5%.......................................... 









Anyway, the book was definitely well written and all though it seemed to overwhelm you with characters in the beginning, I found that I got to know and understand each character throughout the course of the book. The book also cleverly gave clues as to who the murderer was without giving it away so it was still an interesting surprise for the average reader at the end. I liked how the soldier poem corresponded with the deaths of the people all though I thought it was rather obvious that that was how it was going to be before I even read the first page. Uhm, what else... The book wasn't boring as there was action and suspense on nearly every page. I would tell you what my guess for who the murderer was throughout the book, but as I said, I knew who it was from the beginning. But, this also provided an interesting perspective as I was able to analyze the murderers actions, words, and thoughts and use this to determine what clues the author gave to allow the reader to try and figure out who the murderer is before it is revealed at the end. So yeah, I would recommend you read this if you are interested in mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment