Thursday, February 2, 2017

Maya Angelou's List of the top 10 Writing Rules

Maya Angelou gave a list of her top ten writing rules. Personally, rule number 10: Keep rising, makes the most sense to me because it is saying that no matter what may drag you down or block your path to success, you must do everything you can to overcome the obstacle that stands before you. This is very important because if you were not to do this, if you were to let the evil win out and not get back up and fight back, then you would have completely given up on writing and would have no ability to return to it.  One of her rules I need to work on the most is rule number 9: always do your best. The reason I struggle with this rule is because many times when I write I do not have the time or will to do my best whether it is the worry that if I put my heart into something I might not have enough time to finish it and get the desired grade, or whether it is the fear that if I put my all into something and it comes back torn up, that I wouldn't know how to react. Of her 10 rules the one I practice most is rule number 4: Laugh. I love to laugh and therefore I do it as often as possible, I don't know why but that feeling you get when you laugh and genuinely have a good time is one of the most appealing feelings in the entire world and it is one of the things that inspires me to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment