Wednesday, September 27, 2017

If I recall correctly, as a young child I rarely interacted with a computer to do little more than game and the occasional school assignment, and all though I can not pin point a specific memory of this, I assume it to be true. I do have some faint memories of me using a school computer to play on gaming websites such as y8.comminiclip.com, or gamepost.com. However, my true child gaming dreams were complete upon my discovery of Roblox.com. Despite my craving for video games I never owned a computer, and still don't (all though I essentially dominate the family computer today), and I don't have any memories of the family computer that I assume we had, other than the clunky desktop in the basement that was never used. I have a much more active relationship with the Internet in comparison with all other forms of mass media. I find the internet to be much more useful as it can provide entertainment, whether it be through video games or videos, knowledge through articles, google searches, and videos, and it keeps me updated on my friends and the relationships around me through instant messaging and social media. I find that most other forms of media can only provide one or two of these ideals whereas the internet covers all three, and very often, covers them better than other forms of media.

No comments:

Post a Comment