Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Think about the media technologies in your life when you were growing up. How did you watch TV shows, listen to music, or communicate with friends? How have those technologies changed since you were very young? 

As a kid I rarely interacted with technology, except to watch the occasional pbs kids tv show. I did not have a phone, computer, console, ds, or any other type of electronic device. However, this all changed in sixth grade when I got my first tablet. Oh the times I've had with my tablet, all of the places we've been, games we've played, messages we've sent, videos we've watched, but that all ended in a sea of tears when I opened my book bag one day to find it cracked. Unable to look at it the same I sent it away, far far away, to the repair shop where I was told they would fix it up in no time. Unfortunately, cut to nearly six months later, and they were still "working" on it. When we finally did receive it, it appeared to have multiple internal issues and it broke completely within a week. It was around this time that my sister got her first phone so I was given her tablet. It would never be the same but it would still suffice a long with the new family computer. Cut to a few years later and I received the phone I have today. Originally I was opposed to the idea of wasting money on a phone, for why would I need a phone when I already had a tablet for gaming? Right? But I had not considered the ease of access a phone provides. For example I could now carry my phone anywhere via pockets and a phone is much easier to whip out and start using as opposed to a tablet, I also had the added benefit of making calls through a phone. Now me and my phone are practically inseparable, aside from the shitty chargers that leads to it's weekly death, but other than that, we do everything together. I have noticed this pattern in my peers as now almost everyone today has consoles, video games, and social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment