Tuesday, December 19, 2017

What is my preferred style of music? I don't think I can answer that with a single genre. In fact, it is easier to make a list of genres I don't like. Mainly being opera in general and a some older (classical) music can bore me, but even there I am starting to tolerate it more than before and I wouldn't be surprised if it left my dislike list within a few years. Well after looking back at a list of music genres I'd add k-pop (I haven't really heard it but I assume I don't like it) (and ik that's ignorant but shut up), country music (mostly), gospel, folk, AND ALL KIDS BOP. To get an idea of what music I do like, go here > https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeIRtG_FuxYya8idUczr93w9Sm-23YRck, where I have compiled more than 475 songs that I really like (for the most part). To sum up the playlist genres, I'd say it's mostly hip-hop, pop, electronic, rock (and post-rock), or some combination of those genres. The reason I like these songs is because many of them appeal to me beat wise and have catchy rhythms that connect with me on an emotional level, while others appeal to me lyrically and I am able to relate or at least reflect on the lyrics of the song. I mainly listen to music to calm me down when studying, to pump me up when working out, when I'm bored and need a form of entertainment, or I desire background noise while I'm doing something else (like typing up this blogpost).

No comments:

Post a Comment